1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following types of information.
- Information you voluntarily provide. This may include contact and registration information, username and password, and communications with us, including through email in connection with the Site
- Device Identifier. When you use a mobile device to connect to our Site we may receive and use a unique device identifier to provide certain services and/or functionality.
- Log file information. Log file information may be automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) the Site. It can also be provided when the content of the Site is downloaded to your browser or device. For example, our servers can automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Site, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from promotional emails we send send to help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In general, we use your personal information to: (1) provide customer support; (2) comply with third party contracts; (3) help you efficiently access your information after you sign in; (4) remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site; (5) provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing; (6) provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Site; (7) develop and test new products and features; (8) monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; or (9) diagnose or fix technology problems. We may also use personal information for any legitimate purpose otherwise allowed by applicable law.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We are not in the business of selling personal information about our users to third parties without your consent, except as noted in this Policy. Parties with whom we may share your information include:
- Third Party Affiliates. We may either employ or partner with third party companies for the purposes of advertising, facilitating, or enhancing our Site. In order for these third party companies to carry out their services, your personal Information and other data collected may be shared with these third party companies (including, without limitation, website development and hosting, maintenance services, web analytics and improvement of our Site).
- Government, Courts, and Law Enforcement. We will access, preserve, and share any information about you, without your consent, to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we in good faith believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to comply with applicable laws, to protect the property and rights of Equus, you or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to pose a risk of being, or is illegal, unethical or legally actionable. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- Inappropriate Activity. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Although we implement reasonable security measures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to or guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the personal information. To the extent the law of your jurisdiction allows for notification of a breach via e-mail or conspicuous posting on the Site, you agree to accept notice in that form.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
In all promotional emails, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email that says “unsubscribe.” It may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your opt-out request. Please note that we reserve the right to send you Site-related communications (e.g., account information, payment confirmations, as well as technical, security and administrative notices) that you may not opt out of.
6. WHAT HAPPENS IN THE EVENT OF A CHANGE OF CONTROL
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
Information that you provide or that we collect through the Site are retained as long as needed for business purposes, but may be retained indefinitely.
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Site. The Site and its content is not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
10. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
The Site may contain links to other websites or services that we do not own or operate. We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from the Site, including the information or content contained within them. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on our Site, are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies, not ours. In addition, you agree that we are not responsible and do not have control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your information. If you are using a third-party website or service and you allow them to access your information you do so at your own risk.
11. INTERNATIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal data, including sensitive data, by us from your region to countries which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area, including the United States. By providing your personal information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
HOW TO CONTACT US