Equus Capital Partners, Ltd. is a private real estate investment fund manager with a 35+ year history of managing a high quality investment portfolio, through its vertically integrated operating platform, in top tier markets throughout the United States. Through multiple real estate cycles and unpredictable investment conditions, Equus has consistently focused on a defined strategy of acquiring and developing high quality office, multi-family, industrial, R&D and retail assets in major U.S. growth markets. A diverse team of over 100 real estate professionals located in 7 offices facilitates the establishment of valuable relationships within all disciplines of the real estate industry across the country.
Our long standing and successful track record across multiple real estate funds, separate accounts and development projects, combined with our intense focus on integrity, alignment and transparency has earned the trust of our loyal investment partners. Equus investors include some of the nation’s most prominent public, corporate and union pension plans, university endowments, foundations and high net worth families. Through our direct operating platform, we are able to maintain focus on an intense asset management program, entrepreneurial investment philosophy and broad investment diversification across both property type and geographic location.
Equus is a Registered Investment Adviser.
- Equus announces new generation of Leadership into Firm Partnership.
- 2,615 Multi-Family unit recapitalization with a foreign institutional partner.
- Expanded Industrial/Land Separate Account in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Fund XI
- Established two Industrial/Land Separate Accounts with Institutional Partners.
- Commenced two Office Developments with Institutional Partners.
In February 2013 the Firm changed its name to EQUUS CAPITAL PARTNERS, LTD. without making any other changes to the company’s business or operations.
2007 - 2005
- Fund VIII and VIIIA (2007)
- Fund VII and VIIA (2005)
- Firm opened regional offices in D.C., Raleigh, LA, Boston, and Atlanta
- NPI and RPI Co-Investment Partnerships
- Formation of management company subsidiary
- Fund VI
- Formation of development company subsidiary
- Formation of Madison Apartment Group, L.P.
- PSERS Co-Investment Fund
- Firm opened a regional office in Chicago, IL
The Firm instituted its first fully discretionary fund: Fund V
First Institutional Fund – Fund I
Beginning in the early 1990’s, the firm developed its “direct operator” model and made a number of investments on behalf of its first series of funds
The firm was established in 1980 to identify, develop and actively manage real estate investment opportunities for a select group of co-investors. The firm’s role and business plan evolved over the years from that of an equity investment partner in the 1980’s to a full service operating company in the 1990’s.